St. Clare’s Catholic Primary School
Hawthorn Road, Lache, Chester, CH4 8HX, Tel. 01244 445266
“Following in the footsteps of Jesus, excellence in a nurturing and exciting environment”.
ISR L3 – L9
Required from September 2024
The Governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who can support the Headteacher in leading the school to the next stage on its journey. Governors invite applications from practising Catholic teachers.
At St Clare’s Catholic Primary School, we strive to ensure the very best outcomes for every learner, so that they are all able to achieve their full potential.
‘Team working is a real strength of the school. It is collaborative and supportive and draws on the skills of all. As a result, it achieves consistency of approach through the school, reflecting a shared vision of all teaching and support staff.
Pupils’ behaviour is excellent throughout the school.’
(Catholic Schools Inspection, May 2023)
We are seeking a Deputy Headteacher who:
- has a clear vision and understanding of Catholic education and a commitment to promote the Catholic ethos throughout the whole school community
- is an outstanding class teacher, passionate in developing high expectations and striving for excellence
- has effective communication and interpersonal skills
- has the ability to inspire, motivate and lead staff and children to achieve the highest standards
- has taken a strategic lead role in curriculum development and assessment
- is creative and forward thinking.
We can offer:
- an exceptionally welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community through our close partnerships with families, St Clare’s parish and other community groups.
- enthusiastic, caring children, who have a positive attitude towards learning
- a staff committed to securing the best outcomes for all pupils
- opportunities for continuing professional development
- a broad range of extra-curricular activities, including music and sports
- supportive governors.
We warmly welcome visits to our school. Appointments will be made on an individual basis. Please contact School Admin team on 01244 445266 to arrange a visit. We would love you to come and have a look around and see if your next career move is to join the community at St Clare’s.
The closing date for completed applications is noon on Monday 11th March 2024
Interviews will be on Friday 22nd March 2024
Cheshire West and Chester Council is committed to equal opportunities in employment.
Application must be made on CES application which is available from the school office and the Catholic Education Service website: www.catholiceducation.org.uk. Further details can be obtained from: The school admin team, Telephone 01244 445266 e-mail: email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check is required for the successful applicant. References will be requested prior to interview.
Application Forms must be returned by post or by hand and addressed to:
Chair of Governors, St Clare’s Catholic Primary School, Hawthorn Road, Lache, Chester, CH4 8HX or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org