OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL SUCCOUR CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Clincton View, Hough Green, Widnes, WA8 8JN
Tel: 0151 424 6130
“We learn to love everyone as Jesus loves us”
To start September 2024
Closing date: 12 noon Tuesday 5th March, 2024
Shortlisting: Thursday 7th March, 2024
Interview dates: Tuesday and Wednesday 19th and 20th March, 2024
Salary range: L15-L21, £66,628 to £76,430
School: Catholic Voluntary Aided - Archdiocese of Liverpool
Local Authority: Halton, Cheshire
Contract type: Full Time
Due to the retirement of our respected head teacher, the Governors, of this very popular and successful school, seek to appoint from September 2024 an inspirational, enthusiastic and innovative practising Catholic who will help to build on existing good practice and lead the school to its next level.
Our Lady of Perpetual Succour is a happy and caring school with an ethos based on our strong Catholic foundation where all children achieve, flourish and thrive.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Ensure the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood, and acted upon effectively by all.
- Maintain and strengthen a learning environment where all children flourish.
- Motivate and work with others to create a shared culture and positive climate.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and the use of appropriate new technologies to achieve excellence.
- Enable a consistent and continuous school-wide focus on pupils’ achievement.
- Ensure quality provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social, and cultural education in line with the distinctive Catholic nature, purpose and aims of the school.
- Build a collaborative learning culture within the school and develop and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and for others.
- Ensure that the range, quality, and use of all available resources is monitored, evaluated, and reviewed to improve the quality of education for all pupils and provide value for money.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and its achievements so as to develop and present a coherent, understandable, and accurate account of the school’s performance to a range of audiences including governors, parents and carers.
- Continue to embed a school culture and curriculum based on Gospel values, the teaching of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, which take account of the richness and diversity of the school’s communities whilst creating and maintaining an effective partnership with parents and parish.
We will offer:
- Enthusiastic and happy children who enjoy coming to school
- Supportive parents who value the work of the school.
- A skilled, experienced and caring staff team ambitious for all children.
- A knowledgeable and supportive governing body who know the school and its community well.
We would strongly encourage and welcome visits to the school. Please telephone the school to make an appointment on 0151 424 6130
Further information about Our of Lady of Perpetual Succour Primary School can be found on our website www.olpsprimary.co.uk
Application forms can be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service website https://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-model-application-forms.
Please use the Senior Leadership application form and download the associated guidance from https://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000051-model-recruitment-documents-guidance
Applications will only be accepted on the CES senior leadership application form. Please do not send in CVs.
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of
Mrs S Williams, Chair of the Governing Body.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.