St Paul's Catholic College
Manor Lane, Sunbury-on-Thames, TW16 6JE
Headteacher: Mr James Mc Nulty
(11-18 N.O.R. 1197 incl. Sixth Form)
Full time/Part time
Required September 2020
Term time only - 39 weeks a year
Sc28 £31,371 plus fringe of £874 per annum (full time equivalent)
St Paul’s is one of the most successful schools in the country and our GCSE results are in the top 10% nationally. We seek to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Chaplain to work at this fantastic school.
We are looking for a professional who:-
- Is a baptised practising Catholic.
- Supports the spiritual wellbeing of students and staff regardless of faith or belief.
- Will have good social skills, both with young people and also with adults (parents and staff), showing flexibility where needed, but also the accountability and a high degree of reliability and formal organisation required in a school context.
- Will have a good sense of the Church’s Liturgy and be able to recruit and enthuse large numbers of students to take part in school worship. Competence in music would be a welcome skill.
- Will be confident in leading large and small, formal and informal, groups of pupils and adults.
- Will be an articulate speaker with presence and the ability to present, credibly and enthusiastically, the challenges of the Gospel.
- Will have good administrative and organisational skills, including scheduling events, making bookings, arranging itineraries and timetables, obtaining and conserving resources, delegating responsibilities and providing clear briefings and instructions.
- Will have the freedom and willingness to work flexibly, including in the evenings and weekends, and to arrange your working days and hours to ensure you have entitlement time off, but are available for school events and activities as needed.
- Will develop and maintain links with local communities, other schools, churches and charities.
- Will attend where possible the Upper Thames Deanery to represent St Paul's Catholic College.
- Will attend a Chaplains’ Conference where possible throughout the year.
St Paul’s offers local government pension scheme, subsidised nursery and the possibility of accommodation and provides a caring school environment for staff and students.
Application packs are available at www.st-pauls.surrey.sch.uk.
Completed applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
If you require further information regarding the role please contact Mrs De Rosa at firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s will not be accepted as applications.
Closing date: To Be Confirmed
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service.